Best Known Pest Control
Your Source For Pest Removal
in Billerica, MA
Whether you have ants crawling all over your Billerica kitchen or you hear mice scurrying in your attic, rely on the experienced professionals at Best Known Pest Control. Based in Tewksbury, we provide pest control in Billerica, MA and surrounding areas. We work frequently in Billerica, so you can rest assured we know the neighborhoods inside and out, as well as the common pest problems that plague this area. Our services range from residential and commercial pest control to humane wildlife removal and chimney caps.
All about Billerica
It’s our pleasure to work in homes and businesses throughout Billerica, a town in Middlesex County home to 42,000 and counting. Named after Billericay in Essex, England, this bustling town is located 20 miles north-northwest of Boston, forming the border between Boston’s inner suburbs to the south and the Merrimack Valley to the north.
Billerica, incorporated in 1655, is bordered by Chelmsford, Tewksbury, Wilmington, Burlington, Bedford and Carlisle. Billerica residents are proud of the town’s rich history that dates back centuries. In fact, the oldest remaining homestead here is the Manning Manse, which was constructed in 1696.
But just like any other community, Billerica is plagued with many pests and wildlife that can threaten your comfort, safety and peace of mind as a home or business owner. Here, you will see all the usual suspects such as insects and rodents (think: mice, rats, hornets, wasps, ants, and termites).
On top of that, there is a lot of wildlife here despite the town’s close proximity to major highways and business hubs. Due to the high concentration of wooded areas here, wildlife includes squirrels, bats, raccoons, birds, opossums, gophers, skunks, deer, red and gray foxes, fisher cats and coyotes.
Interesting facts about pests in Billerica, MA
We’ve dedicated many years to our craft and know a thing or two about the types of pests that live in this corner of Massachusetts. We thought we would compile a few interesting facts about pests and animals in Billerica.
- Seasonal pests such as bees, wasps, ticks and mosquitoes are all common to this town and surrounding areas.
- Yellow jackets, paper wasps and bald faced hornets are all common aggressive wasps native to Massachusetts and Billerica by association.
- Grass spiders, cellar spiders and wolf spiders are all common to this area. Thankfully, venomous spiders in Massachusetts are rare but you may find the Northern Black Widow, one of the most venomous spiders in the country, living here.
- The house mouse, deer mouse, and white-footed mouse are all common types of mice found in this area.
- Baby skunks are born in April and May, emerging from their dens in mid-June. They are most active at night with the warm weather, so be extra cautious when taking your dog for a walk after sunset.
- Nuisance birds common to Billerica include pigeons, woodpeckers, blackbirds and crows.
We face a variety of challenges here at Best Known Pest Control depending on the season. Many animals, such as opossums and raccoons, don’t hibernate and remain active all year long, albeit less active in winter months. Hornets and wasps are common in summer and early fall, but rodents are a year-round nuisance.
Mice and rats will try to get in your home when the weather gets cold so they can have a safe space to breed, feed and warm up. Also common to this region is the eastern subterranean termite, which has been known to swarm during the day time between March and May.
Pest control services offered in Billerica, MA
Best Known Pest Control offers a wide spectrum of pest control services in Billerica, including:
- Residential pest control (ants, termites, hornets and wasps, rodents, nuisance animals)
- Commercial pest control (cockroaches, rodents, ants, bed bugs, etc.)
- Wildlife removal (squirrels, raccoons, bats, birds, opossums, skunks)
- Chimney caps and vent covers
If you know your home or business gets invaded by pests every year like clockwork, you may want to sign up for our Home Guard Plan. This is our annual pest control plan that includes a spring and fall inspection and treatment, as well as any additional visits needed to treat pests throughout the year.
Our Home Guard Plan in Billerica covers ants, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, centipedes, earwigs, mice, pill bugs, rats, roaches, silverfish, spiders and wasps.
Best Known Pest Tips
Whether you’re plagued with carpenter ants, raccoons, mice, bats or wasps, there are some things you can do to prevent pests and wildlife from invading your Billerica home, yard or place of business.
- Tightly cover all trash cans outdoors.
- Do not stack firewood right up against the foundation.
- Clean kitchen spills and crumbs immediately.
- Rinse out recyclables before throwing them in the bin.
- Store human and pet food in airtight containers.
- Seal holes and cracks on the exterior of your home.
- Reduce clutter inside your home.
Request an Estimate
* Designates a required field.
Frequently Asked Questions
about Pest Control in Billerica, MA
We receive many questions from our loyal customers in Billerica on a regular basis, with the most common being:
Reviews/Testimonials for Pest Control in Billerica, MA
Here’s a look at what our valued customers are saying about us!
“I highly recommend Best Known Pest Control as well as Brendan! I found out from our tenant that a bird had placed nesting material in our exhaust vent which was causing a mite problem. I did a random Google search for pest control and was lucky enough to come in contact with Brendan. He was very responsive, easy to work with and incredibly reliable. He completed the work promptly (nest removal/spray and sanitize area, added a vent guard) and sent photos. And his rate for the job was fair. A week later, I really appreciated that he did a follow up call to make sure his service met our expectations and that the mite problem was fully under control. If I run into any pest issues in the future, I’ll be sure to solicit him again!”
– Neelima N.
“We heard something and knew we had an issue. Best Known Pest Control came over and immediately identified. The issue was a raccoon and her babies in the chimney. Brandon showed up within 36 hours of me reaching out, and the raccoon and babies were safely removed within 24 hours. Highly recommend.”
– Karen S.
“Brendan at Best Known Pest Control was amazing! We had squirrels in our roof and I couldn’t figure out where they were getting in. Brendan figured it out immediately and talked me through his thought process. I can’t help but stare at other people’s roofs now, looking at every dormer for squirrel evidence. I heard the squirrels leave the following day and they haven’t returned. I can’t recommend him enough!”
– Katy C.
“I highly recommend Brendan. I heard some weird noise from my chimney and emailed Best Known Pest Control. I emailed on Tuesday evening, and on Thursday morning Brendan already removed the squirrel from my chimney. And a week later he installed a chimney cap to prevent any subsequent problems. Professional service. Responds quickly, explains in detail what he is doing and why, and does a great job.”
– Alexander B.
Request an Estimate
* Designates a required field.