Best Known Pest Control
Your Source For Pest Control
in Wilmington MA
If you live in Wilmington, MA, home to 23,000 people, you know how beautiful, inclusive, and accessible it is. But you also know it’s no stranger to pests of all kinds. If you’ve been plagued with insects, rodents, or other critters in your Wilmington home, you know how helpless it can leave you feeling.
Maybe you’ve spotted a line of ants parading around your counters, or you hear mice scratching in your walls. Maybe you’ve even seen a few bats in your attic. Whatever the case, Best Known Pest Control brings a high level of responsiveness and professionalism to address your pest problem once and for all.
We may be based in Tewksbury, but we serve all of Wilmington and surrounding areas. We work frequently in Wilmington, which means we are well-versed in the pests that are common to your neighborhood. We offer both residential and commercial pest control, as well as humane wildlife removal and chimney caps.
We can get you started with a free quote on pest removal in Wilmington when you call us at 781-333-1998 or you can schedule an inspection online.
Historic Wilmington, MA
Wilmington is located in Middlesex County and has a population of 23,000 and counting. First settled in 1665, this town wasn’t officially incorporated until 1730, taken from parts of Woburn, Reading, and Billerica. This vibrant bedroom community is just 40 minutes from the capital of Boston – a straight shot down 93 South.
With high-quality schools, accessibility to major highways, several parks, and plenty of restaurants and shops, Wilmington is a desirable place to live and work. In fact, BusinessWeek once called it one of the most affordable suburbs in the state.
But Wilmington is not immune to the same pests and wildlife that threaten other nearby communities. Your house or place of business may become home to unwanted insects and rodents, such as mice, rats, hornets, wasps, ants, and termites. Or, perhaps wildlife has begun invading the sanctuary of your yard, such as squirrels, bats, raccoons, birds, opossums, gophers, skunks, deer, red and gray foxes, fisher cats and coyotes.
Despite the town’s close proximity to major highways, subdivisions, and business hubs, wildlife is not an uncommon sight here in Wilmington – mostly due to the high concentration of wooded areas.
Interesting facts about some pests in Wilmington
With so many years of experience eradicating pests in Wilmington under our belts, we know a lot about which pests call this place home and how to most effectively get rid of them.
- Seasonal pests such as bees, wasps, ticks and mosquitoes, come out in droves in the summer. Beaver, raccoons, squirrels, and bobcats remain active during New England winters. And even though some migrating birds hit the highways when the cold weather descends, there are still many species of nuisance birds that stick around, such as pigeons, woodpeckers, blackbirds and crows.
- Stinging insects plague Wilmington homes and businesses in warm weather, such as yellow jackets, paper wasps and bald faced hornets. These common aggressive wasps are native to Massachusetts and Wilmington by association, and they can make your backyard parties and gatherings very unpleasant if a hive is left to get out of control.
- You won’t find many venomous spiders in Massachusetts, unless you run into the rare Northern Black Widow (one of the most venomous spiders in the country). For the most part, you’ll only encounter grass spiders, cellar spiders, wolf spiders and orb weavers in Wilmington.
- If you have a mouse in the house, it’s most likely a house mouse, deer mouse, or a white-footed mouse. They are nocturnal animals, so you likely won’t see them with your naked eye. You may spot their droppings or hear them in the attic, though.
- Skunks are most active at night in summer. Baby skunks are born in April and May, which means they start venturing out of their protective dens in mid-June. Beware letting Fido go too far off leash when on your walks after sunset.
Seasonally, we face many challenges here at Best Known Pest Control. Some wildlife species, such as opossums and raccoons, remain active throughout the year and don’t hibernate. Rodents are also a year-round nuisance because they seek shelter in homes when it gets cold. Hornets and wasps are a problem in summer and early fall. The eastern subterranean termite, common to this region, swarms during the day time between the months of March and May.
Best Known Pest Control in Wilmington, MA
You can hire Best Known Pest Control with confidence knowing we offer many targeted pest control services in Wilmington. Those services include:
- Residential pest control (ants, termites, hornets and wasps, rodents, nuisance animals)
- Commercial pest control (cockroaches, rodents, ants, bed bugs, etc.)
- Wildlife removal (squirrels, raccoons, bats, birds, opossums, skunks)
- Chimney caps and vent covers
Bonus: We offer maintenance plans for those home and business owners that run into the same pest problems year after year. Why not sign up for our Home Guard Plan?
This is our annual pest control plan that includes a spring and fall inspection and treatment, as well as any additional visits needed to treat pests throughout the year. Our Home Guard Plan in Wilmington covers Ants, Carpenter Ants, Carpenter Bees, Centipedes, Earwigs, Mice, Pill Bugs, Rats, Roaches, Silverfish, Spiders and Wasps.
If you know your home or business gets invaded by pests every year like clockwork, you may want to sign up for our Home Guard Plan. This is our annual pest control plan that includes a spring and fall inspection and treatment, as well as any additional visits needed to treat pests throughout the year.
Our Home Guard Plan in Billerica covers ants, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, centipedes, earwigs, mice, pill bugs, rats, roaches, silverfish, spiders and wasps.
Best Known Tips for Pest Control in Wilmington, MA
Carpenter ants…raccoons…mice…bats…wasps: all these pests have one thing in common. They threaten your peace and well-being in a place where you should feel safe. Here are some things you can try on your own to keep pests and wildlife from invading your Wilmington home, yard or place of business.
- Reduce clutter inside your home.
- Seal up gaps, holes and cracks along the exterior of your home.
- Make sure all outdoor trash cans are tightly secured.
- Do not stack firewood right up against the house or foundation.
- Rinse your recyclables before tossing them in the bin.
- Store both human and pet food in airtight containers.
- Clean up kitchen spills and crumbs immediately.
Request an Estimate
* Designates a required field.
Frequently Asked Questions
about Pest Control in Wilmington, MA
We get lots of questions from our fan base in Wilmington, but here’s a look at the most common:
Reviews/Testimonials for Pest Control in Wilmington, MA
Check out the nice things our customers are saying about their experience with our company:
“Brendan was great. He showed up on time. He was very pleasant and most importantly he got rid of two rather large nests for us. One was in the ground and the other was hanging low on a tree. I wouldn’t hesitate to call him back for anything. Very nice young man.”
– Jane T.
“I was able to get help removing the wasp nest the same day. Thank you for your great service!”
– Shelly K.
“Best Known Pest Control offered service that was above and beyond. Brendan made sure all my concerns were addressed and gave me extra information at every step. Best experience possible that continues with the home guard program. Thanks!”
– John C.
“Brendan is super polite and a well managed professional, he is super knowledgeable with what he does and he gets the job done quickly and efficiently. I would recommend this guy to anyone that asks me for a pest control company. We need more self-run companies like these.”
– Addam G.
“We had a Mother Raccoon and her 3 kits in our Chimney. Brendan was very knowledgeable and professional. He explained the process and answered all our questions. He was able to remove them safely and quickly. He treated the raccoons professionally and with respect. I highly recommend this company!
– Ashley O.
Request an Estimate
* Designates a required field.